Tuesday, January 15, 2008

i guess im in italy

ciao mi amici!

i made it here something over a week ago, and so, here i stay for 5 months plus.
i intend not to lose touch with you or reality. It seems, reality will be the easiest to keep familiar.
My intentions of arriving to a place of alienation have and im sure, will continue to be, fullfilled.
Milan, where my wallet was stolen was not my element, and Florence, while no thievery has taken place, is of course (after only a week) still not my element either.
I look forward to the day I feel a part of things, where I feel at least somewhat at home. I had no idea, no complete idea anyways, upon my departure from the states, how wonderfully embedded my heart is in Kansas and Minnesota.

i must eat before my italian class, so ciao!

1 comment:

Elrico Kansan said...

Yeah Jenn, you're not in KANSAS any more that's for sure! Anyway, how does one know what their element is unless you test your boundries? Think of one's comfort zone as a big fish net. Do the fish willingly stay in the net or do they fight like heck to get out before the boat hauls them in? Hmmm...