Friday, February 20, 2009

achoose

I did most of my research and planning a few weeks ago and have spent most of my time lately just cutting down my fabric to 12.5x 12.5 squares. At this point, I am stuck on a few things:

thread color= when i put together my sample hems, i just used what was already in the machine and it ended up looking pretty nice. BUT, why would i use color anyhow? i am under that a project with such few variables, every decision has got to be made perfectly.

quantity/display= i've cut almost 200 handkerchiefs now, and together they only measure about 6 inches stacked. My display needs to be GRAND... and if 200 reads without grand impression, I am going to go have to spend a ton of money on fabric. I am wondering at this point, if folding them into quarters might be effective. But, we'll see.

print method= if i want to get as many of these made as possible, embroidering them is absolutely out of the question. Screenprint is quick, but not beautiful. Lithography is my dream child but not as fast as it should be. I am thinking intaglio?????

fabric types= 20 yards of cotton cost me $66 dollars. Luckily, I already had about 10 yards of my own various whites/cream fabrics. At this point, i am happy about using different fabrics as long as the assembly and printing is identical on each. It helps to bridge the individual vs. manufactured issue.

These are just the designs that I was working on for the print. I have decided to only print BELOVED in english and include a performance aspect to the project.

No comments: