Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Basic Outline for Position Paper


1. Me/my work/self/objectives
i. brief thoughts on art
ii.communication, sharing, story…
iii. print specifically
iv. honesty

2. The development of my work/mindset over the past few years
i. from traditional print to more conceptual
ii. from discussing other peoples problems to my own
iii. move towards more research heavy/historically referential
iv. materials: fabric, the print, language, symbol
v. artist/cultural influences

3. themes/processes
i. home, pattern, comfort, woman, growth, family, independence,…
ii. writing, experience, choosing material, ideation
iii. interaction between me, the work, the audience
iv. importance of symbol and research
v. every aspect of a piece requiring a reason/meaning

4. self-reflection
i. how my work affects me
ii. how I want it to affect others
iii. how I think it functions
iv. problems/concerns (fear)
v. things I do well

5. why do I keep doing this?
i. what is my right to make?
ii. self vs. viewer
iii. issues with gallery very brief)

6.conclusion
i. myself as a better person when making
ii. hopes in sharing/honesty
iii. recording/evaluating personal history
iv. goals, direction



No comments: